I ride motorcycles with my husband all the time and when it came to getting a helmet there was not one that really stood out to me, that was my style. I ended up getting one from the thrift store and revamping it myself. I love making used things look brand new and giving it a more edgy look to them. I knew I wanted to make it look like an animal head so I went with a wolf, but you can choose any animal that you want for this project just change the fur and ears as you see fit.
- Motorcycle Helmet
- At least 1yd of faux fur fabric
- E6000 glue
- Start by sanding down the whole helmet for it can have a more ruff surface that the glue can stick to more easily. Other wise when you try to glue the fabric to the helmet it will slip and slide everywhere. Once the whole helmet has been sanded down you are ready for the fabric.
- Put on some gloves for the glue will not get stuck to you. The way you are going to glue the fabric on the helmet is like patch work piece by piece. Cut a piece of fur any shape and put some glue on the helmet on the area where the fur will go.
- Place the fur on the helmet and hold it down for a few seconds and continue to do so until the whole helmet is covered.
- For the ears cut four ears out of the fur and for two of the pieces you are going to put some wire around them, following the shape of it. Make sure you leave half an inch on the bottom of each ear without wire, because you will need to fold that part out to glue onto the helmet.
- Glue the wire to two of the ears and hold. Once wire is in place, glue the other two pieces to each of the ears making sure the wire is sandwiched in between each of the ear pieces. Now you have two ears that are ready to be placed on the helmet.
- Fold out the half an inch from each side of the ears and put glue on them, then place them on the desired location you want on the helmets.
- If you want to make bear ears you can also use two big furry puffs as the ears.
- Voila you are done. Now you have an awesome animal helmet that will turn heads. Just make sure to have fun with it cause it is great to create something to your style.